What is Abuse:
- Non-accidental harm to a child
- Threatened harm to a child
- Sexual abuse of a child
Source: Utah Code, Title 78A Judiciary and Judicial Administration, Chapter 6, Juvenile Court Act of 1996
Minimum Criteria for Abuse Referral:
- Victim under age 18 years
- Means of identifying and locating victim
- A specific, new occurrence of abuse, neglect, or dependency
Additional Helpful Information:
- WHO perpetrated the abuse?
- WHAT happened?
- WHERE did it occur?
- WHEN did it occur?
Utah law requires anyone who suspects that abuse, neglect, or dependency (leaving a child without anyone to care for them or meet their basic needs) report it to the nearest Child and Family Services office, a peace officer, or law enforcement agency. More helpful information is available below:
Signs of Abuse...click here.
Control Yourself, Don't Hit Take a Time Out Instead...click here.
Child Abuse Definitions...click here.